Friday 30 April 2010

Day Five - finding the pain threshold...

I HIT 10 MINS!!!!

This won't sound like much of an achievement, but it REALLY is a huge improvement on last 5 mins attempt. Did only do it once, but warmed down with a lovely walk while chatting to the FAB Emily Thackray (LLTGL Chair) who was remarkably unperturbed when picking up the phone to a panting woman...

Another thing I have discovered - I run listening to a playlist on my BlackBerry (that previous sentence makes me hate myself a little) - and can thus check my facebook on the way - and reply! This is an amazing distraction, and really helped pass the time. So please, Facebook me, text me, email me, whatever me on the day of the race (and before if you like - spread the love!) and help distract me from the breathing thing...

Right, I'm off to shower and gorge myself on food (been typing and stretching - I'm so good!!!)

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment