Saturday 15 May 2010

The night before...

In just over 12 hours, I'll be running.

Now this blog, I feel deserves total honesty from me.

So this week:

I managed not to drink any coffee, until this morning when I got a take out Cappucino, got into the car, and drank half of it before I remembered. Oops?

I hadn't drunk any alcohol until yesterday (friday), when I fell over whilst running in heels, ruined my fave blue woollen tights and grazed my knee. The pain was such that I had a fruit cider to numb it.

I tried running on Tuesday, but my legs were like lead and hurt like hell, so it was more of a long walk. I haven't been out since.

I have spent all day today trying to forget why I am staying with the lovely Holly Shaw and her family. I'm convincing myself it's a mini-break. Could be a bit of a shock to the system when I have to not only put a tracksuit on tomorrow morning, but also be seen in public in said tracksuit. Oh dear.

I have written the names of everyone I can think of who has been directly affected by transplant on my t shirt - whether they're waiting, they've received an organ or more tragically, if they've died waiting. So they are my motivation.

On the offchance you're reading this before I run - please send me a text, drop me an email, facebook me. I will try to reply! I could really do with the distraction whilst running!

I love you all. Wish me luck!!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment